Sunday, August 25, 2013

Gender Reveal...it's a Girl!

This Saturday, we got to celebrate with family and friends to announce Baby T's gender.  We feel so very blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives.  Thank you to everyone who helped make the day special (even those who weren't able to attend!)










Gestational age:  19 weeks.  Baby is about 6-7in long and weighs 11 oz.

Maternity clothes: Ordered some things off ASOS Maternity, but I think I am sending them all back.  European sizing is weird!

Stretch marks/Skincare:  Started using my Clarisonic again.  The charger had stopped working, and Sephora replaced the entire thing for free!

Symptoms:  Still feeling great with lots of energy.  I do occasionally feel nauseous after I eat, but it's nothing to really complain about.

Exercise:  Crossfit classes 3 times this week and two shorter CrossFit Mom workouts at home.  Workouts are feeling better these days, but running still sucks the air and energy right out of me!

Nutrition:  Splurged quite a bit with the party, etc, but looking forward to getting back on track this week.  Nevermind that our church small group is trying out Gus's Fried Chicken and I have journal club at Capers on Tuesday....

Sleep:  Sleep is still pretty great.  Get up once (on average) a night to use the restroom.  Everytime I do, I think how this is practice for sweet baby newborn girl.

Weight gain:  Have gained 10 lbs total.  Trying not to think about the number!

Movement:  Movements are getting stronger and stronger and definitely still moreso right after eating.  I love it.

Starting to show:  Yes!  Had 2 strangers ask me this week if I was expecting.  Will definitely be making the change to maternity clothes soon.

Doctor's visits:  Had our Anatomy Scan this week, and everything looked completely normal.  I cannot say how thankful I am for that!  Baby is a GIRL and is measuring a week ahead in length...guess that's no surprise!  The ultrasound tech kept saying how happy she looked in there.  She had a smile (or smirk) on her face the whole time.  We even got a DVD of the anatomy scan, and I am surprised to say I have only watched it once :)

We finished the weekend off with a wonderful sermon at church on suffering.  75% of the church had responded that they had gone through a major crisis of suffering within the last one year (my husband and I included).  The sermon was such a great reminder that no matter what you are currently going through or have gone through, it all serves to bring glory to God in ways that we may or may not ever understand. 

 "We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope." Romans 5: 3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment