Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Buffalo chicken wraps, you never let me down


This is my go-to when I don't know what to make for dinner. Husband loves them (and he loved them even more before I paleo took away his flour tortillas).  These are quick, easy, delicious, and cheap!  We always have cooked chicken on hand (I make 1-2 lbs every Sunday during my cook-up), but you could easily cook chicken breasts in the oven, grill, or stovetop for these lovely wraps as well. This also works very well as an entree salad.


Buffalo chicken wraps
Paleo, grain-free
Prep: 7 min

What you need:
1 cup cooked and diced chicken breast per person (I count my husband as 2-3 people usually...)
Wing sauce of choice (I use Frank's Red Hot Wings)
Butter leaf lettuce
Toppings: red onion slices, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes
Optional: Homemade ranch dressing

What to do:
Mix chicken breast with wing sauce, to taste.
Assemble mixture in lettuce leaves and add toppings (or shred lettuce to eat it as a salad).
I will sometimes top with a little homemade ranch dressing using mayo and Penzey's Ranch Dressing seasoning or the Well Fed ranch recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! How do you make homemade mayo and homemade ranch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the clothes make the girl's mayo recipe:

    and also use her recipe for ranch from her cookbook. You could also use Penzey's Buttermilk Ranch spice mix. I have also been wanting to try and adapt the Pioneer Woman's recipe here:

    You should definitely try homemade mayo--it is so rewarding and delicious! I make it in my food processor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those links didn't show up for some reason

    mayo: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/06/03/the-secret-to-homemade-mayo-patience/

    Pioneer Woman ranch: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/homemade-ranch-dressing/

    ReplyDelete