Here are Clarisonic's stated benefits (from their website):
- Removes 6X more makeup than manual cleansing
- Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
- Cleansing helps products work more effectively
- Gentle enough to use twice a day
- Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
- Minimizes the appearance of visible pores
Here are some Before and Afters (all images from Clarisonic.com):
The medical community is somewhat divided on the product, with some dermatologists swearing by them, and others a little bit more leery. I did a brief literature search and did not come up with all that much supporting or opposing the brush. Clarisonic has a few published studies on their website, which I reviewed. All of the studies showed positive results; however, the "results" were the patients' perception of their skin. In other words, almost everyone in all the listed clinical trials felt like their skin texture/color/firmness/etc. was improved, but there were no objective measures listed. I would find it difficult to recommend this to patients without having objective evidence.
With that being said...from a personal standpoint, I love mine:
- It is kind of "fun" to use, and it makes me not dread washing my face at night.
- I do feel that my skin is cleaner after using it.
- It is gentle and not at all abrasive on the skin.
- I have seen a slight decrease in the overall redness of my skin.
I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about this product.