Thursday, April 5, 2012

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The Good:
60 minutes doing a special on the toxicity of sugar.  I am a self-admitted sugar addict (in recovery on most days), and seeing things like this reminds me why I try to use the sweet stuff sparingly.

Finding new blogs like Health-Bent, Life as a Plate, and Penny Pincher Fashion.

Planning two events:  a baby shower next weekend and Husband's M.B.A. graduation party.  So proud of him! 

Easter week!  And it just so happens to be my Birthday Week.  Does anyone else's family celebrate birthday weeks?  Hope we're not the only ones...

A new Marshall's going in right. down. the. street.  Could be dangerous.

The Bad:
Diagnosing entirely too many melanomas lately.  Please wear your sunscreen.

The Ugly:
Being so prepared and getting up early to throw a pork roast in the crockpot.  Remembering to turn on said crockpot.  Then coming home 5 hours later to realize I forgot to plug it in.  Shoot.  FYI--I called TWO butchers and they said to turn the crockpot on and let it cook for 8 hours and we should be fine.  I must have felt extra-trusting that day, because I cooked it and we finished the roast a couple of days ago and so far so good!

Getting paged (I'm on call this week...) at 4 AM.  Enough said.

How about you?  What has been the good, the bad, and the ugly in your life this week?

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better...I cooked a casserole for my family one night for several hours without ever turning the oven on! I kept checking on it to see if it was done...it was a really late dinner that night!

    ReplyDelete