Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Week Ahead: Getting back on track

This last week, I gave myself free reign on food.  That resulted in pizza on two different occasions, and lots of sugar.  I know every few months, I need a few days like that to remind myself why I try to eat healthfully the rest of the time.  Here's what I took away from the week:


  1. I feel GOOD eating the way I normally do.  No sugar crash or heart palpitations (which I guess are from sugar too....).
  2. Real food tastes so much better.
  3. Bread isn't as good as I remembered.  It really doesn't have much taste, you guys.
  4. I am not a moderation kind of gal.  I am an "all in" our "all out" kind of person.  Which are you?  If you can identify this, then you can decide how you are going to handle treats and cheats.  A little here and there or one week every few months. 
  5. You cannot wait for the perfect time to get back on track.  There will always be something--a birthday, a trip, a special dinner, etc. etc. etc.  Just because you have something coming up next weekend doesn't mean you can't make good decisions and feel great until then.
I couldn't wait to get started back today.  It's like a fresh start!  So here is what I am doing with my fresh start this week....

Breakfasts:  leftover Cranberry Sweet Potato Breakfast Cakes (I made these today with unsweetened dried cherries to replace the cranberries and without the egg on the top and they were so delicious!).  After these are gone, I plan to make smoothies + side of Applegate farms sausage. I might try this smoothie.

Lunches:  probably tuna salad once or twice and leftovers the rest of the time.

Dinners:
Monday:  Paleo fried rice, with shrimp. Husband is competing in an elevator pitch competition at a local pizza place, but I am vowing to be good.  I'll let you know if that pans out...
Tuesday:  Cajun mini meatloaves
Wednesday:  Italian night. Zucchini noodles, meatballs, marinara.
Thursday:  Tacos, purple slaw.
Friday: Date Night
Saturday:  Grilled blackened chicken. Sweet potato chips.


Paleo treat:  sweet potato brownies

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment