In 2 minutes 30 seconds, you can have delicious chocolate cake. Sound too good to be true? I found this recipe on PaleOMG last night, and naturally could not stop thinking about it since then. Perfect for anyone unable to make a whole cake or pan of brownies secondary to risk of eating them all in one day...like me. Built in portion control!
|Paleo Chocolate Cake in a Mug|
What you need:
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1.5 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (I used olive oil and skimped, which I would not recommend doing. Instead of skimping, could try replacing some of the oil with applesauce).
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
Mix it all into a mug. Resist the urge to eat the batter.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
I recommend topping with chilled canned coconut milk and some walnuts. Does anyone want to try throwing some chocolate chips in the batter and let me know how it turns out??