Sunday, March 4, 2012

The week ahead

As much as I try to deny it, Sundays are my day of planning and preparing for the busy week ahead.  I try to not get so caught up in the next week that I forget to enjoy the day (which is half of the weekend!), but I find it comforting to know that I can find time to get everything done, and that I am as prepared as possible to have a great and successful week.

My Sundays:
-My husband and I typically start the day with breakfast and a hike up Pinnacle Mountain.
-Church
-Weekly cookup.  I got this idea from Melissa at The Clothes make the Girl.  More to come about my take on the weekly cookup.
-Study (if I HAVE to)
-Meal, workout, work calendars

Meal planning:
-Planning meals is essential!  Without a plan, you are left with scrambling around in the kitchen trying to find the right ingredients to throw a meal together.  Through a good plan, I make sure to have everything I need readily on hand.  As a bonus, I am convinced it makes grocery shopping more affordable since I do not spend money on frivolous (and often unhealthy) groceries.
-My breakfasts are usually the same all week.  This week, I plan to make Kale, Spinach and Pear smoothies and a side of scrambled eggs.
-Lunches are usually leftovers or a giant (and I mean giant) salad.
-I usually make about 4-5 dinners per week. We eat out once per week (date night!) and have leftovers the rest of the time.

This week's dinners:
-Fish tacos with mango salsa.  And by tacos, I mean lettuce wraps since we don't make a habit of eating gluten.
-Grilled chicken with cumin-roasted carrots.
-Pulled pork with homemade slaw
-Leftover pork stir-fried with cabbage and diced apple, seasoned with Penzey's Tsardust Memories.
-Spice-rubbed whole chicken and oven-roasted broccoli.

I will take photos of meals throughout the week and post some recipes later!

How do yall plan for your busy weeks??

No comments:

Post a Comment