Monday, March 19, 2012

The Week Ahead

We made it home late last night from sunny rainy, windy, stormy San Diego.  We still had a great time and I had a blast at my first American Academy of Dermatology conference.  We look forward to making that a yearly tradition--next year's in Miami!  Even though I try to plan ahead before leaving town, it's always a little rough to start a week with no groceries, clean laundry, etc.  Here's my plan for the week.

This Week's Meals

Breakfasts--I'm still on the spinach and kale smoothie kick...with eggs for protein, of course.  By the way, I have been seasoning my scrambled eggs with Penzey's "Sunny Paris" spice blend...it is delicious.


Lunches--Asian chicken salad, tuna salad salad.  Today I had leftovers.  On those days when the refrigerator is completely bare, one of my favorite things is remembering that I have something waiting for me in the freezer. I always try to freeze whatever I can if it looks like we won't be able to finish it that week.  If possible, I freeze things in single portion sizes, so that way it is like my own (healthier) convenience food.

Dinners--
-Monday: leftover Rogan Josh (from Well Fed) with cumin-roasted carrots
-Tuesday: salmon cakes (from Everyday Paleo), served atop red and green cabbage
-Wednesday:  Paleo chicken piccata (also Everyday Paleo) and side salad
-Thursday: meatballs and spaghetti-sauced zucchini noodles
-Friday:  Out!
-Saturday: grill out (probably chicken) and purple cabbage slaw
-Sunday: Pollo con salsa roja (once again, Everyday Paleo...did I mention I adore that cookbook?) and veggies, salsa, and guac

I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment